Positions of Employment:
1991-Present Attending Physician, Memorial Hospital for Cancer & Allied Diseases, NY
1991-Present Member, Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center, New York, NY
1991-Present Professor of Medicine, Cornell University Medical College, New York, NY
Other Experience and Professional Memberships:
Chairperson of ASCO Special Awards, 1991 - 1995
Member of CALGB Committee - PI of National protocol, 1994
Chairperson of CEA Committee - Tumor Marker Panel, 1994
Member of Program Committee of AACR, 1994
Chairperson of SWOG Data Monitoring Committee
Member of ASCO Awards Committee 2003-2006
Member of ASCO Tumor Markers Committee 2004
Co PI of ASOSOG Study 2005
1971 Honors in Medicine and Surgery, University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey
1981 Ancell Fund Award
1989 Alumni of the Year, Vail-Deanne School, Hillside, N.J.
1993 Listed in The International Directory of Distinguished Leadership
Selected peer-reviewed publications:
1. Kemeny N, Huitzil M, Capanu M, Paty P, Fong Y, Schwartz L, Jarnagin W, Patel D, and DAngelica M. Conversion to Resectability Utilizing Hepatic Artery Infusion Plus Systemic Chemotherapy for the Treatment of Unresectable Liver Metastases from Colorectal Carcinoma. JCO 2009.
2. Gallagher DJ , Zheng J, Capanu M, Haviland D, White R, Paty P, Dematteo RP, DAngelica M, Fong Y, Jarnagin WR, Allen P, Kemeny N. Response to Neoadjuvant Chemotherapy Does Not Predict Overall Survival for Patients with Synchronous, Colorectal Hepatic Metastases. Annals Surg. 2009. PMID: 19224284.
3. Gallagher DJ, Capanu M, Raggio G, Kemeny N. Hepatic arterial infusion plus systemic irinotecan in patients with unresectable hepatic metastases from colorectal cancer previously treated with systemic oxaliplatin: a retrospective analysis. Ann Oncol. 2007 Dec;18(12):1995-9.
4. Ito H, Are C, Gonen M, D'Angelica M, DeMatteo RP, Kemeny NE, Fong Y, Blumgart LH, Jarnagin WR. Effect of postoperative morbidity on long-term survival after hepatic resection for metastatic colorectal cancer. Annals of Surgery 247(6):994-1002, 2008.
5. White RR, Schwartz LH, Munoz JA, Raggio G, Jarnagin WR, Fong Y, DAngelica M, Kemeny, N. Assessing the optimal duration of chemotherapy prior to liver resection in patients with colorectal liver. JSO 97(7):601-4, 2008.
6. Kemeny N, Niedzwiecki D, Hollis D, et al. Hepatic Arterial Infusion (HAI) Versus Systemic Therapy for Hepatic Metastases from Colorectal Cancer: A Randomized Trial of Efficacy, Quality of Life (QOL), Cost Effectiveness and Molecular Markers. J Clin Oncol 2006 24(9):1395-1403.
7. Kemeny N, Brown K, Brody L, Covey A, Kim T, Bhargave A, Guilfoyle B, Haag N, Karrasch M, Glasschroeder B, Knoll A, Getrajman G, Kowal K, Jarnagin W, Fong Y. A Phase I Open-Label Dose-Escalating Study of a Genetically Engineered Herpes Simplex Virus, NV1020, in Subjects with Metastatic Colorectal Carcinoma to the Liver. Human Gene Therapy 2006 17(12): 1214-1224.