Co-Investigaor or lead investigator on several studies focused on diet, genetics, and prostate cancer recurrence or mortality. Ongoing new results focused on exercise, Statins, food intake and prostate Cancer survivorship.
Selected relevant publications in prostate cancer:
- Kenfield, S.A., S.T. Chang, and J.M. Chan, Diet and lifestyle interventions in active surveillance patients with favorable-risk prostate cancer. Curr Treat Options Oncol, 2007. 8(3): p. 173-96, 17763836.
- Penson, D.F. and J.M. Chan, Prostate cancer. J Urol, 2007. 177(6): p. 2020-9, 17509282.
- Dall'era, M.A., M.R. Cooperberg, J.M. Chan, B.J. Davies, P.C. Albertsen, L.H. Klotz, et al., Active surveillance for early-stage prostate cancer: review of the current literature. Cancer, 200818306379.
- Endogenous Hormones and Prostate Cancer Collaborative Group, Roddam AW, Allen NE, Appleby P, Key TJ. Endogenous sex hormones and prostate cancer: a collaborative analysis of 18 prospective studies. J Natl Cancer Inst. 2008 Feb 6;100(3):170-83. Epub 2008 Jan 29. 18230794
- Roddam AW, Allen NE, Appleby P, Key TJ, Ferrucci L, Carter HB, et al. Insulin-like growth factors, their binding proteins, and prostate cancer risk: analysis of individual patient data from 12 prospective studies. Ann Intern Med. 2008 Oct 7;149(7):461-71, W83-8. 18838726
- Farhat GN, Taioli E, Cauley JA, et al: The association of bone mineral density with prostate cancer risk in the Osteoporotic Fractures in Men (MrOS) Study. Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev 18:148-54, 2009. 19124492
- Chan JM, Oh WK, Xie W, et al: Plasma Selenium, Manganese Superoxide Dismutase, and Intermediate- or High-Risk Prostate Cancer. J Clin Oncol, 2009. 19528373
- Shappley WV III, Kenfield SA, Kasperzyk JL, Stampfer MJ, Sanda MG, Chan JM. Treatment-free survival after deferred treatment or watchful waiting in a prostate cancer cohort. J Clin Oncol in press.