AAO Live Learning Center - FAQ
What is the AAO Live Learning Center
How to login
Troubleshoot: page refreshes and deletes login info inputted
How to access sessions
How to view handouts
How to view and download “Audio MP3” presentations
How to purchase
The American Academy of Optometry (AAO) serves as the primary source of continuing education in optometry for its members, the optometry profession, the public and others. AAOs Live Learning Center extends the reach of AAO through an online solution that provides a year-round source of education in one, easy to use website.
Select “My Account” or “login” from the menu bar at the top of the page.
If you recently attended a meeting, you were provided a login account via email announcing the Live Learning Center. Please be sure to login as a returning user.
If you already have an account, you can login as a returning user using your username and password.
If you did not attend a recent meeting you can create a new account by filling in the “create new account” section.
Creating a new account may not be offered for all Live Learning Centers. If you do not have a “create a new account” section, please contact the organization to create an account.
If you forget your password select “forget password” to receive an email with you login password. Please be sure to check your junk/spam mail folder.
Please contact support if you do not receive your login information. Tel: 972-910-6899 (9:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST) or mail your questions to firstname.lastname@example.org
If you cannot login and do not receive an error message please follow the steps to override your automatic cookie handling on your computer so that you can login successfully.
1. Go to “tools” on your internet browser and select “internet” options.
2. From there you will select the “privacy” tab. Select the “advanced” button.
3. In this section you want to make sure that “automatic cookie handling” has a checkmark next to it and make sure that 1st party and 3rd party cookies are accepted.
4. Select ok once you have completed this process.
5. Try logging in again once you have completed this process. This should allow you to login properly.
1. Once logged in select “Annual Meeting” from the top menu.
2. Select the meeting you wish to view from the list. Select “click here for content from the meeting” to view the session list.
3. The sessions will be listed with an icon to the right of the session title. Each icon will indicate what media type the session will have. ( MP3 , Handout )
4. Select a session title from the list.
5. On the session information page, select “view” to start enjoying the session.
Handouts may or may not be offered for all sessions, if they are available they are identified with a ‘handout icon’.
1. Select the purple "view" button located below the title “handouts”.
2. To view the available handouts for that particular session, select the link(s). Please be sure to have the updated version of Adobe Reader to view the handouts.
1. Once you have accessed the session information page select “view” below “audio MP3 download”.
2. To download the Audio MP3 file please **right click on the link with "mp3 file" at the end of the session title located directly above the media player (note: be sure not to select the media player itself or session name at the top of the page)
** for MAC users: to view the “save target/link as..” option, select the “control” key+ Click. **
3. Select “save target/link as...” from the right click menu. Select a folder you would like to save your MP3 file to.
4. Just go back to the folder you have saved the file in to make sure you have saved it properly.
1. Once logged in, select the meetings list in the menu bar at the top of the page. From the Meetings list, select the meeting you wish to purchase.
2. Select the item you wish to purchase. On the information page, scroll down to the bottom of the page and select the green “purchase” link.
3. Once you select the purchase button you will notice a shopping cart that appears at the top right hand corner of the page. Select the Shopping Cart to complete your purchase.
4. Selecting the Shopping Cart will take you to the Cart Summary. Once you have verified your Purchase, Select Checkout. You will be asked to verify that you are logged in as the correct person. Select the link “Click here to continue”
5. Fill in the required fields and then select the “submit” button to complete your purchase.
6. Once you have completed your purchase you will receive an order number as well an email to verify your purchase. You will then be able go back to the site to listen to the recordings.
7. Go back to the Live Learning Center you purchased from and then select “my content”. This is located on the right hand side of the page below “personal details”.
8. Select the purple “view” button next to the session title to listen to the MP3. Please follow the instructions provided on the page to download the audio file.